pinterest verification

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Some progress

Weekend. It means finally some time to make minis. Usually. But, sadly enough, yesterday I cought terrible flu and was litterally not able to get up. Today feeling much better, thanks :)
However, lying in bed you also can do something pretty. I decided to try embroidery and I'm quite pleased with the result (the cushion is little too big but that's ok for the first attempt :))
This is what I generally like about miniature: you get to do so many things! you do not limit yourself by only painting or only woodwork - you do everything and manage to finish in a few minutes (hours, days, lol :) ) I certainly know that I wouldn't have enough patience to make, say, real-size embroided sheet (or perhaps even napkin! he-he) But when I can see the result right away - it is so much pleasure and fun!
I have as well almost finished the bed during the week (almost because it might need another coat of paint on it's legs - they tend to fall off :)))

When I was in store couple of days ago I saw small nice cutting board - and that is exactly what I need for this project. I won't even change a thing in it - it's the perfect flooring. Need to add only walls now and the room's ready to furnish :)



here's couple things more that I was able to do - a blanket and another simple cushion:


11 comments:

  1. Hallo Daria, ein wunderschönes Kissen hast du gestickt, mir gefällt es super. Ich wünsche dir gute Besserung auf das du bald wieder Gesund wirst. Liebe Grüße Britta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Britta!
      Ich esse jetzt so viele Zitronen, dass ich bald wahrsheinlich gelb werde :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Daria,
    I hope you feel better now. Take good care, flue is not a business to ignore. The little bed with its accessories is very pretty.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Daria,
    thnaks for your visit on my blog!
    Hope you feel better now. I love the stiched pillow!
    You dit a fantastic job!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Привет!
    Мне нравится вышивка! Очень симпатичная сцена получилась
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a speedy recovery :) your items are beautiful. I love the bed cover and pillow.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are on the mend!
    Your bedding looks lovely, wonderful delicate purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon! Great find for the floor.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys. Your comments are cheering me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Daria, The purple is a pretty color!! The bedding has turned out very sweet.
    Many hugs and kisses, Conny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! The doll is so wonderful! I really like her and the bed!

    Lil in Sweden

    ReplyDelete