pinterest verification

Sunday, May 12, 2013

1:144 Step two

So, here's what I've been busy with today. I have tried different approaches and I like what I've made so far:
Floor on the 1st floor (bamboo bars from decorative mat. I've cut them a lot) and painted with wood warnish
 2nd floor flooring with railings. These railings I am very proud of, because I couldn't figure out for a long time how to do them. I've tried glueing wire, paper, cut matches - but it was all clumsy and very hard to manage. At last I've tried the same method I used to cover shoes with threads. I took brown muline - it's a thick thread used for cross-stitch and embroidery, dipped it in PVA glue. Once it dried it became stiff. I cut it in pieces and glued easily. It looks lite wooden columns!
 I've painted the stairs and applied a little shelf to the side. On the shelf you can see small pot with the flower. My only concern is that it won't actually be seen once the roof, walls and ceilings are added :)

And I have also painted the other side of the 2nd floor flooring to make a ceiling of the first floor with a tiny chandelier. But for some reason that particular photo doesn't want to load so I'll show it next time :)



12 comments:

  1. The floors and the stair looks very nice! All is It is so tiny and cute!

    Lil on Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ух ты! И половицы постелила, и цветочек на лестнице! Здорово! А из чего розочка??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. да все из мулине) Сделать узелок пообъемней и макнуть в ПВА)

      Delete
    2. А я мучилась, лепила из пластики!

      Delete
  3. Sin palabras....
    El proyecto va genial. Vaya minitgrabajo
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing that something so small can look so real and finished.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic progress - and what a clever idea to use thread. Looks perfect!

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea to use thread! I might try that myself, I skipped the railing just because I couldn't find a good way to make it. You are so talented, it looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you solve problems. A right idea using threads for the railing. You are ver cever.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Фантастика! Смотрю и чувствую как возникает непреодолимое желание сделать нечто подобное! Дарья, твоя работа вдохновляет!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pavimenti sono venuti benissimo e se non si vedesse che dimensioni hanno sembrerebbero reali.Un abbraccio, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tiny, but so perfect.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete